Gulf Coast Resource Conservation and Development Council
Grant Program Fact Sheet
The Gulf Coast RC&D Council is actively involved in the management of high-impact projects that address Conservation Education, Community Development, and Resource Conservation opportunities within Baldwin, Escambia, and Mobile counties. We encourage projects that involve partnerships between local businesses, government agencies, school systems, and citizen volunteers.
- Gulf Coast RC&D offers two types of grant programs; Educational and General Funds. The difference between the two is that an educational grant must reflect an educational component.
- Grant awards are limited to projects in Baldwin, Escambia, and Mobile counties.
- Grants must fit within and support our mission and focus areas.
- Applications are open online on the GCRCD website from June 1 to September 15, 2019.
- Grants will be announced in late September, begin October 1, and must be completed August 1, 2020.
- Minimum awards are $3,000. Most awards are $5,000. Please call the Executive Director before applying for a grant over $5,000. Priority will be given to projects that serve a large area and/or impact a large number of people.
- All grants a reimbursable. Payment is made upon project completion and submission of proper documentation; including the project completion form.
- Grantees who do not use their grant award and fail to cancel their grant are ineligible to reapply for a minimum of two years.
How Grants are Chosen
- The grant committee is composed of board members from each county.
- Committee members review and score each grant. (See scoring criteria sheet.)
- The committee considers the following:
- Projects where a small amount of money will make a big impact Community need, public support, and area/number of people affected Projects that match GCRCD mission and focus areas Your connection and familiarity with the GCRCD Council or a Council member
- Grant scores are compiled and averaged, failing grants receive no further review.
- After all grants are reviewed and scored, the full council meets to make the final decision.
If you would like to contact a grant committee member in your area to discuss your project, we encourage you to do so. For a list of council members and their contact information see the GCRCD website. For more information, call Office Manager, Jill Morris, or Executive Director, Charlie Ramsey at 251-368-1606.